Will Ramil get a job?


For the first time since I started this blog, I feel like I might be coming very close to my goal. A couple months ago, I was worried because I wasn't hearing back from any of the jobs I applied for, but now, I feel like there are almost too many opportunities available to me that it's hard to keep up!

This week:
Tomorrow - Harlem Children's Zone (2nd in-person interview)
Tomorrow - Uncommon Schools (phone interview)
Thursday - Acumen Fund (in-person interview after a phone interview)

This week also includes school and work, so it will be hard to balance everything and do well - but I am confident that I'll be able to pull it off. I've been juggling all of these commitments for such a long time, and I'm so glad that it's starting to pay off. I'm so grateful to have all of these opportunities, and my only concern now is that I won't be able to take advantage of all of them. I know that any of these organizations would be a great place for me to start a career in education/nonprofit, and I wish there was a way that I could do them all.

But I can't get ahead of myself. There's a lot on my plate, and it's all happening in the next week. I need to focus on acing my finals, performing well at my internships, completing my projects, and most importantly, making a good impression in these interviews. It's crazy to think that what happens this week just might end up determining the next few years of my life...

IN OTHER NEWS:
-I had two great (but very sad) goodbye meals with my Alternative Breaks and Gramercy Green family
-...and I'm proud to say that I won the Poster Picasso award (for creative excellence) for the second consecutive year :)
-I made $BANK bartending a party for the Aye-Ayes! Suh-WEET.
-I'm finally done with M-BRO-A!
-I just took the last class of my undergraduate career...
-I'm graduating from college in 9 days...
-This is how I feel...

0 comments:

Post a Comment