I got one!

Not a job... but an internship! The perfect internship! Business Development at Do Something. Here's the play by play:

Monday: I interview at Do Something. It goes very well, and they tell me to expect a response on Wednesday/Thursday.

Tuesday: I wait anxiously.

Wednesday: It's 6:00pm. I'm in class and I get a phone call, but I just ignore it... SO stupid, I know! I let the call go to voicemail, and I listened to the message after class. It was Do Something (duh!) and they "just wanted to ask a question." So mysterious! I call back immediately. No answer. I leave a message. I am very anxious.

Thursday: I call back in the morning at 9:00am. No answer. I leave another message (sorry). I read twitter. They're in MIAMI! Do I call again? Do I leave another message? No, that's obnoxious. But they said I'd hear back on Wednesday/Thursday, right? Maybe I didn't get it. One friend just got into grad school. Another has a great job offer. I am jealous, and a little sad.

Friday: This morning, I get a call from an unknown number... from FLORIDA! It's Do Something again! I got the internship! I am relieved, no longer envious of my friends, and very happy! For them also but mostly for me.

This is really good news! I was starting to get discouraged and I was feeling overwhelmed, but I think that landing this position will be a GREAT energy boost. I go in on Wednesday for my first day! Stay tuned for updates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment