Busy, busy

What a week! Here's whats going on in my life:

WORK
Gulf Coast Fund
- I'm really happy with how this is going. I have a lot of independence, and responsibility. I'm working on fundraising and development, and I get make proposals of idea that I think are good.
DoSomething.org - It's such a dynamic and unpredictable place to work. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed, but so much gets done - even on snow day.
Uncommon Schools - I made it to the next round! I've been invited to an Immersion Day where I will be giving a "read-aloud"... whatever that means?!
TFA - anxiously waiting...

SCHOOL
Economics - I got an 82 on the midterm... I did not achieve my goal of acing the exam. So, I started going back to recitation. But between my TA's accent, and his inability to clarify ideas, I'm not sure how productive recitation will be.
Everything else - More midterms/presentations coming up...

EXTRACURRICULAR
President's Service Award - I got one! Thanks for the nomination!
RA - I've been cultivating my application for RA of the Month for February. I've done 10 programs so far, and I've recruited only the finest RAs to write my nomination. Fingers crossed.
Alternative Breaks - I had a successful fundraiser tonight, however last weeks Haiti benefit went anything but well.
Civic Camp - it's really coming along. If you're interested in attending a conference about how to turn your passions into a profession, keep March 26 open!
SNOW - I hate you! You make my socks wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment