Preparing for a job fair!

I've been to a job fair before, but I'm a lot more nervous about this one because the stakes are a bit higher. So, I did a couple of things to prepare for today:

1. I utilized the career center resources.
NYU's career center really does have a lot to offer, some of it useful, and some of it not so much. Example: Wassertube. This video was useful. This video was somewhat entertaining, but ultimately not useful. My only hope is that Katie and Rachel were trying to be ironic by making a very awkward and unprofessional video that was intended to demonstrate how to act less awkward and more professional.

2. I printed out like 20 resumes.
Luckily, I managed to amass a large collection of resumes before my (it's not really mine) printer broke.

3. I am dressed professionally!
Yet warmly.

4. I looked up the employer list, researched which companies I am interested in, and prepared a pitch.
My pitch includes a brief description of who I am and why I'm interested, what I know about the company, and a question about the company.

I feel prepared now! I just had a power lunch with my friend Ivan, and he gave me a great confidence boost. I'll let you know how everything goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment