22 and still unemployed

Happy birthday! I turned 22 on Tuesday. I wish that I could be happier about it, but it's hard to see the bright side when I keep getting rejected from jobs.



I just heard back from Uncommon Schools, and I didn't get the job. I REALLY wanted that job, too... And things don't look any better at TFA. I hate to be so negative, but there's not a whole lot to be positive about right now.

There are only 6 weeks left until school is over, and panic is starting to set in. I can't believe how soon it will be until I'm on my own! No more free apartment... no more free food... no more everything that I have gotten so used to.

And to make things worse, last night I was brushing my teeth, and I was brushing too hard and fast, and I slipped and hit myself in the gums, and now my gums hurt all day.

But I guess all I can do now is move forward... I applied to two more jobs today (the Doe Fund, and the Point Foundation), and hopefully I'll hear back from them. I also won the RA of the Month award for February, so at least I can do SOMETHING right. There are a few job openings in ResEd, and I think I'll definitely apply.

I can feel my gums already getting better.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Ramil! I just read you lesson plan and absolutely LOVED it! I don't know what Uncommon Schools was looking for, but from reading that lesson plan, I know you'll do well at whatever you end up doing.

Don't give up--there's something great out there waiting for you. You won't always find it immediately (I still haven't).

Post a Comment