I'll miss you, school

I just spent 30 minutes cleaning my stove. It's now 1:38am, and I have other work that I should be doing, exams I should be studying for, but sometimes it feels good to just clean. I might not be able to know exactly what to write on a cover letter to get a response... and I might not be able to know if I will get the job after the interview... but it's comforting to know that after scrubbing the stove for 30 minutes, it WILL be clean.

There are so many variables in my life right now, and I've noticed that I have been gravitating more and more to the things I can count on. My friends, my family, my stove. There are so few things that I can control, and right when I am finally feeling like I just got this school thing under control, and it's all going to go away in 5 weeks.

While I was scrubbing the stovetop, I started thinking about how much I'm going to miss school - even studying for tests. During this week, I've never had so much fun studying for economics and Spanish. Maybe it's because these exams are a much-needed distraction from my job search, or maybe it's just because I'm a nerd, but this week it has been so effortless for me to re-read my textbooks, make flashcards, create study guides, do problem sets, etc.

I know that these last few posts have been kind of depressing, but I think it's important that I learn to deal with rejection. It's bound to happen to everyone, and the only thing I can do is be persistent and keep it up. I need to keep sending out job applications. I need to keep networking. I need to keep studying. And I think I also need to keep cleaning the stove... and other stove-like things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment