One job per day in April

Midterms season has officially ended, and I'm ready to devote a lot more time to my job search. April is pretty free of big tests, so I've got room to make a new commitment: everyday in April (starting today), I'm going to send out one job application. This includes weekends, as well as Mondays.

It takes about 30-60 minutes to write a good cover letter and edit a resume for a job, and so there's really no reason why I can't make the time to do it every day. Anyone who doesn't have a job yet and is serious about finding one SHOULD be doing this, so that's what I'm going to do. Applying to one job a day may seem excessive, but constantly searching for job opportunities will keep me on my toes, and hopefully keep me ahead of the game. If I'm checking job postings everyday, I'll probably be one of the first few people to apply - and getting in there early is so key in getting noticed. I know I'll probably end up applying to things that I don't really see myself working, but I should be keeping my options open anyway.

So today, I applied for a position at the Ford Foundation, and hopefully I'll hear back soon. I'll keep you posted on which jobs I'm applying for.

Notes: This is not an April Fool's joke. Also, the above graphic is the logo for the blog http://www.onedayonejob.com/

1 comments:

SAM CIALEK said...

Maybe if you spent less time making this blog and more time filling out applications you could get a job!

Post a Comment