Progress Report #1

I haven't been doing well with my one-a-day goal!

It's already April 13th, and I've only sent out 4 applications! (Ford, Trickle Up, Open Society, Harlem Children's Zone) That's 9 short of where I should be! Even though midterms have ended, I've felt even more overwhelmed by everything. I am quite disappointed in myself, but rather than continue to make excuses, I'm going to try to make up for my lack of commitment. Here's how I'm going to do it:

For the next week, I am going to commit to sending in TWO applications per day. That's right - TWO. Two a day for the next week should just about catch me up to where I need to be.

I know this might sound stupid - because if I couldn't do one a day, then it REALLY doesn't make sense to do two - but I think part of the reason why I never got around to doing those applications was because one application isn't that big of a deal. I mean it IS because it could potentially result in the beginning of my career, but it takes like 30 minutes to apply to a job. If I do two at a time, it'll take at least an hour, and I won't be able to put it off as easily.

I'll let you know how it goes, but in the meanwhile, here is some good news:
- Midterms went well (I got a 91, a 94, and a 101! who gets a 101!?)
- I won a President's Service Award from NYU (see above picture)
- I'm nominated for RA of the Year... and CarnEVIL is nominated for best program
- The fundraiser for my microfinance project in Thailand went unexpectedly well! (we raised $800+!)
- My unpaid internship (Gulf Coast Fund) is taking me to NOLA in May!

0 comments:

Post a Comment